When I first saw this tool at a night market, I thought it was some kind of toy. It had a short handle, and from the tip of the handle, several metal ‘tentacles’ burst forth. It looked exactly like something from a sci-fi movie. However, it turned out to be completely useful and practical.
This device is a head massager, and you can have it for less than $2-3 per piece. Usually, it’s marketed as a tool to tackle headaches but it does have its uses for hair health too. By massaging your head, you actually help increase blood flow to this area. An increased blood flow is beneficial for the hair and scalp in many ways.
The Benefits of Massaging Your Scalp
Massaging your scalp should be done regularly, at least 5-10 minutes, twice a week. In addition to increasing blood flow to the scalp, it helps:
- Strengthen the roots of hair and prevent hair loss by breakage.
- Lubricates the hair, preventing dandruff from a dry and flaky scalp.
- Encourages the growth of new hair so that your hair looks thicker.
- It helps control oil on the scalp for lighter hair that doesn’t hang down or droop.
- It helps bring nourishment to the hair, helping it grow longer.
Apart from all this, it also helps you relax and sleep better at night. We of course know that sleep is essential for a healthy scalp too. This tool is easy to find, especially online, and it’s a really affordable way to help your hair look thick and shiny. All you have to do is place the ‘tentacles’ over your head and move the tool up and down. It’s a really satisfying experience!